Top of the World Telegraph Vol. 8 Issue 16
In this week's issue of the Top of the World Telegraph:
- Arctic affairs expert Dr. Lassi Heininen examines the new challenges and global problems in the Arctic.
- Mr. Robbie Rolf, Policy Analyst at the Canada West Foundation discusses the energy economics of petroleum and natural gas in transportation.
Check out Around the Arctic for the latest on why the U.S. Coast Guard is considering permanent bases in the Arctic, discover the economics of Northern sovereignty, the importance of space domain in security cooperation, an analysis for planning and investing into Alaska’s Arctic infrastructure, Russia’s plan for 20 new Arctic border posts in the Northern Sea Route, Melford International Terminal’s announcement for a $350m deepwater port in the Strait of Canso, the recent Arctic Chief of Defense’s SAR operations negotiations, Exxon and Rosnefts strategic deal, and much more!
In this packed issue - Get an insiders view into the most current Arctic issues and matters from leading energy and policy experts such as:
The Honorable Peter Mackay (Minister of National Defence), Alaska House Representative Reggie Joule and Representative Bob Herron’s Dr. Lassi Heininen, Mr. Robbie Rolfe (Policy Analyst at the Canada West Foundation), including Executive interviews with DNV Americas’ COO, Elisabeth Torstad, as well as President, DNV Maritime, Oil & Gas, Tor Svensen, and North America Director of Operations for Maritime and Oil and Gas, Kenneth Vareide.
This Week’s Highlights section features:
- The Wall Street Journal’s article “Military Powers Beef Up Arctic Presence”
- MarineLink coverage of the Obama Administration’s announcement for a new partnership on Unconventional Natural gas and Oil Research
- A blog reflection from U.S. Coast Guard Academy’s Public Affairs Staff of the recent Leadership for the Arctic Conference.
- The Financial Post’s in depth coverage of Canadian Prime Minister Harper’s open-door foreign investment energy strategy in attracting the world’s leading oil companies to produce Canadian oil and gas.
To view this week's issue of Top of the World Telegraph Vol. 8 Issue 16
If you enjoy reading the Telegraph, please join our readership from 28 countries, and subscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please drop us a line and let us know what you like about the Telegraph and consider sharing the Telegraph with friends and colleagues.
To submit content, or learn more about the Institute, contact us at email@example.com
All content submissions must be received no later than 5 PM Monday of the week of intended publication.
Until next week!