Top of the World Telegraph Issue 17
In this week's issue of the Top of the World Telegraph:
- Save the Date for the PNWER Arctic Caucus Forum 2012 on May 17-19, 2012 in Whitehorse, Yukon - Click here to learn more
- The World Trade Center Alaska and the Institute of the North invite you to join us on Wednesday, May 2nd at the Sheraton Hotel in Anchorage, Alaska for Arctic Ambitions, a conference focused on the development and transportation of - and markets for - key Arctic resources. – Click here to learn more
- Lead:North is a membership-based program that acts as a platform from which young Alaskans, ages 21-40, are educated about - and engaged in - their responsibilities to one another, their community, and state. We recognize that young Alaskans are committed to a prosperous future in the State of Alaska and are united by wanting to contribute meaningfully to that future. - To learn more Click here
In This Week’s Highlights features:
- Get the latest on U.S. Coast Guard Commandant Robert Papp’s account of the USCG becoming outdated and overtaxed by the President’s proposed budget restrictions. What could this mean for Arctic based national security missions?
- Learn about the benefits to joining the U.N.’s Law of the Sea Convention.
- 2,000 expected scientists assemble in Montreal for the IPY 2012 Conference to discuss the results of nearly $1.2 billion put towards researching the dramatic changes in the Arctic.
Check out Around the Arctic to learn about the misconceptions of Arctic conflict, discover what natural gas liquids are and how they are used, uncover why scientists from around the world believe an Arctic fishing moratorium is needed, stay informed on China’s latest efforts in the pursuit for Arctic access and resources, get familiar with the Solitaire – the largest pipe-laying vessel in the world, and much more!
Get an insiders view into the most current Arctic issues and matters from leading energy and policy experts. In this week issue, needs get the latest report on Coast Guard Polar Icebreaker Modernization from Mr. Ronald O’Rourke of the Congressional Research Service (CRS), the latest updates on U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski’s efforts to address the USCG’s Arctic, discover the future of the U.S. Navy fleet from U.S. Navy Secretary Ray Mebus, learn about the energy trends of Western Canada by CanadaWest Foundation Senior Economist Michael Holden and Policy Analyst Robbie Rolfe, and much more only in the Top of the World Telegraph – Your Weekly Source for Arctic News!
To view this week's issue of Top of the World Telegraph Vol. 8 Issue 17
If you enjoy reading the Telegraph, please join our readership from 28 countries, and subscribe at email@example.com
Please drop us a line and let us know what you like about the Telegraph and consider sharing the Telegraph with friends and colleagues.
To submit content, or learn more about the Institute, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All content submissions must be received no later than 5 PM Monday of the week of intended publication.
Until next week!